About Carefirst Charity Gift Shop
Despite the unprecedented challenge of COVID-19 pandemic, Carefirst is launching the Carefirst Charity Gift Shop to raise funds to support the development of Carefirst Campus of Care York Region, which the Ontario Ministry of Long-Term Care approved in November 2020. This $60-million capital project would enable greater access to care for community members.
This innovative Campus of Care includes:
1. A community hub with the following facilities and services to meet senior, caregiver and community needs:
- A gym for sports, recreational activities, cultural shows, exhibitions
- A library
- A community kitchen
- An active community centre for seniors
- A care service coordinating hub centre in collaboration with Ontario Health Team partners
2. A 120-bed long-term care home that meets the Ministry of Long-Term Care’s priorities and will include:
- High Acuity Priority Access Beds (HPABs), behavioural support beds, and beds that support individuals with other specialized needs such as peritoneal dialysis and palliative care
3. A primary care family practice centre
In the next three years, Carefirst needs to raise $7 million in order to complete construction of the Carefirst Campus of Care York Region by 2023. All proceeds generated from the Carefirst Charity Gift Shop will go towards this worthy project.
Your support ensures that seniors and individuals in the community continue to receive the best quality of integrated care and services. The Campus of Care will benefit thousands of individuals who need the wide spectrum of social care, home and community care, primary care, and long-term residential care. Help us make a difference in people’s lives.
Carefirst Charity Gift Shop welcomes any purchase and/or merchandise donations. Thank you so much for visiting and choosing Carefirst Charity Gift Shop! J